Thursday, June 14, 2012

Farmgirl Friday blog hop # 62


Howdy friends and welcome to the 62nd Farmgirl/guy Friday Blog Hop!
Your place to let your hair down and share what's new in your corner of the world whether it be your backyard or farmyard, kitchen or craft room, we want to see it all! Well, not ALL; you know what I mean!  
 Here at Dandelion House the sun has finally come out! The clouds lifted and floated away with the rain today!  My sweet mother in law is here for the weekend and I love to put fresh flowers in her room and in the kitchen! After I finished up the last of my " skirt work " left over from yesterday I asked my daughter's BBFL to go cut some yarrow for me.

 
 Someone has to teach these young un's farmgirl ways! 

This weeks FEATURED FARMGIRL is Katie from Brighton Park Blog! She recently returned from a trip to France where she saw some above average looking chickens! Apparently the french have chic' chickens! Be sure to stop by to see them if you haven't already!
  Katie wants to know...
" Do you look for chickens when you are away from home too ? "

French Chickens

If you're looking for new ideas for creative container gardening, check out this months guest post Up cycled Container Gardening at Kanelstrand!

Now it's your turn to flaunt your farmgirl/guy spirit! 

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!


2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.


3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!


Have a great week everyone and thank you so much for all you share here every Friday! 

Farmgirl Blessings to all! 




12 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Good morning Deborah Jean! Yes, chickens do seem to capture my attention wherever I go. :o)

Thanks for letting me link up.

Have a blessed weekend!
Beth

Unknown said...

Hi Beth! Thanks for joining us! Have a wonderful weekend!
Deb

Unknown said...

Love your post. I am a farm girl at heart for sure and just learning as I go.
I am your newest follower. Have a wonderful Weekend!

http://naturallymom.blogspot.com/2012/06/birth-announcement-baby-chicks.html

Unknown said...

Hello Priscilla and welcome! So glad you are here! You will find yourself right at home here. The farmgirl Friday community is so friendly and helpful!
Look forward to getting to know you!

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

Did you know that yarrow helps prevent respiratory illness in chickens ? I hang bunches in my coop.

Unknown said...

No, I didn't ... what a neat thing to know! Does it work best dried or fresh?

A Daughter of the King said...

I love Fridays! Why? Well, the weekend coming up is one big reason; I get to play with the Hub. But another big reason is the Friday Farmgirl Blog Hop. Thank you for hosting...blessings.

Unknown said...

Awe, you're welcome! Have a wonderful weekend with your hub and enjoy the hop!

Illinois Lori said...

Hi Deborah Jean, I'm Lori from Illinois, nice to "meet" you! :-) I used to host a Friday Farmgirls meme at my blog, but heavy responsibilities and the resultant need for a bloggy-break necessitated my shutting it down; I found your meme at a friends blog, and am delighted to join in here! I live in the mega-suburbs of Chicago, but have a FarmGirl's heart, and my oldest is apprenticing to become a pasture-based sheep farmer :-D I'm going to enjoy reading a bit here for the next few days and getting to know your place!

Love your yarrow, I have some in my flower bed, but it's not quite so far along yet.

Blessings,
Lori

Unknown said...

Hello Lori and welcome! Nice to " meet " you too! So glad you found us! You will enjoy all of the farmgirl Friday gals ( and Clint our farmguy who joins in from time to time ). So much to see and learn here!
Blessings to your and yours!
Deb

Lisa said...

Found your link over at Lori's blog (Illinois Lori) and am glad to join you! There is always so much to learn about being a farmgirl, and these linkys are a terrific way to both share what we each know as well as to glean from others what has worked for them. Thanks for hosting! I look forward to joining you in the future. :) ~Lisa @ HappyinDoleValley (#56)

Unknown said...

Hello Lisa and welcome! I love hosting this blog hop... I am amazed all the time at the talented people who share here each week... We look forward to getting to know you better! Happy farmgirl'n!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...