Friday, August 9, 2013

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 120 and my COTTAGE KITCHEN


Dear farmgirl friends far and wide! Welcome to the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 120! 
 Is it just me or does this summer feel like it's flying by? I hope each of you are enjoying the lazy days of summer wherever you are.

 We've been back and forth from our little off -grid  BEACH cottage over the last couple of weeks and I've just about gotten the sand shaken out of everything and I'm almost caught up on laundry. 

I thought you might enjoy a little peak at our HUMBLE cottage kitchen with the newly painted wood floors! Here's a snippet of Max snoozing on his little rug by the door. 

See the BEFORE FLOOR under him?

With some zooming and cropping, here's the after! 



 After more than 20 years, we finally ( well, I guess it was mostly me in a fit of ugly floor disgust ) ripped up the torn, vinyl flooring that had seen better days. 

My hubby( bless his heart)  came in after me and cleaned up the mess I made and proceeded to paint the floor to match the rest of the cottage floors. Ah, that's better on so many levels!  The floor looks great, it's easier to clean and I can move on to obsessing about something different that needs doing! 
That shiny wooden counter top was a gift from my BIL last Christmas. He made it to replace another tired relic from the 70's or 80's. The reclaimed laminate counter-top had started to sag like old things are prone to do. Now it's good as new!

What's been happening in your farmgirl worlds? 


Time to link up for your weekly dose of farmgirl soulfood! 

Your Farmgirl Friday Hostesses~  

Heidi of My Simple Country Living 
and White Wolf Summit Farmgirl Blog
Dolly of Hibiscus House and Dolly is Cooking and me of course!

 Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals,  quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!

2). Leave your entry in the  Linky tools space to your  Farmgirl Friday post.

3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

4.) Enter up to three entries per hop! 
 DON'T BE SHY~  
Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop! If you haven't clicked that follow button yet, please join us and be sure to stop by our FACEBOOK page and like us there too! 

As always, thank you for your continued participation! New friends and followers are ALWAYS welcome!

 DON'T BE SHY~  
Be sure to leave a note if you're new to the hop! If you haven't clicked that follow button yet, please join us and be sure to stop by our FACEBOOK page and like us there too! 

As always, thank you for your continued participation and welcome new friends and followers! Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! See you on the hop! 


13 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Thank you for another edition of the farm girl hop.
Your cottage is just gorgeous. I love the painted wooden floor. I'd love to do the same thing in our old farmhouse kitchen. I'll have to mention that and see how far it goes. ;)
Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

You are most welcome! I love hosting each week! We have warm and talented community of bloggers here and I'm grateful for each one!
We used Porch Paint by Behr. The color is terracotta. Good luck with your project! Deb

Country Gal said...

Very cute ! Lovely little cottage kitchen ! Oh I do like that pine counter ! Thanks for sharing and hosting ! Have a great weekend !

Unknown said...

Thank you Elaine! Enjoy your weekend too! Deb

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

Good morning Deborah Jean! I love your countertops! But, I can't really see the floor - you need to post more pictures of the floor because I love painted floors - so authentic and cozy looking! Thanks for hosting this great blog hopping party and allowing me to attend! I hope you have a memorable weekend.

Farmlife Chick said...

Love the floor redo!:)

Alana Jo said...

I love your kitchen! The colors are wonderful!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

We used to have a kitchen floor similar to your old one in our last house, and that was an upgrade to what was there before! The painted ones look great and I'm sure they are so much easier to clean.

Unknown said...

Thanks Farmlife Chick!

Unknown said...

Thank you Alana Jo! We love living with color!

Unknown said...

Kathy, you are so right about the painted floor being easier to clean. What was it about the 70's that made people want to cover up perfectly good wood with man made flooring that was impossible to clean properly?

Angela said...

I so love that little kitchen of yours!~ Just a precious little cottage!~ this 'farm girl' is enjoying her little garden!~ Just started back into gardening vegetables..(13 years of perennials and annual gardening, now going back to my 'roots' too!~)It's the first time this house has had a garden in 13 years we have lived here..previous house I had a huge garden...Have a blessed day ((hugs))

Unknown said...

Hi Angela, Good for you for starting your little garden this year! They add so much to our lives don't they?
Blessings to you too! Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...